[mythtv-users] Scanlines when Panning on Regular TV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 19:33:28 UTC 2007

On 02/02/07, Matt Gibson <diwelf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have searched and searched and not found a definitive answer to my
> question, so I will ask it here.
>
> When I am watching tv, recorded shows, dvd's, etc - I see a weird
> "flicker" or "scanline" when the movement pans from left to right. I
> notice it especially in shows like CSI or Las Vegas where they use
> fast cuts, and intensive action sequences. It's not always there, but
> it's definatly more prominant when the scene is panning left to right.

Matt,

Following up from Osma's useful links and re-reading your post, do you
see the frame essentially splitting into two horizontally, or do you
see many horizontal comb lines and ghost images during the pans?

After first reading your post and subject line I thought it was most
likely interlacing artefacts, now having been nudged by Osma's tearing
link I'm not so sure, especially as you also mention "a visible line
of where the two frames are and where they are going" which is
tearing.

Which video timing method have you specified in mythfrontend setup?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/