[mythtv-users] PMT issue

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Fri Feb 2 12:53:30 UTC 2007

Asher wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Chris Dos <chris at chrisdos.com> wrote:
>> Well, I upgraded to 2.6.19.2 again.  The problem still exists:
>> DVBRec(0) Warning: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set.
>>
>> I'm submitting a bug report for my ivtv issue, but after that's done, I'll be moving back
>> to 2.6.18 until 2.6.20 comes out.  Hopefully that will work correctly.  I'll upgrade my
>> SVN which is week old to current to see if that fixes the problem as well.
>
> Same here, running 2.6.19-gentoo-r5, same problem... ivtv works fine
> for me in my pvr500

Well, talked with the IVTV group, and it seems that they made a change in the make
menuconfig for 2.6.19.  After deselecting in menuconfig:
*Autoselect pertinent encoders/decoders and other helper chips*
and then enabling the appropriate modules, my PVR-350 and PVR-150 both work again instead
of just the PVR-350 card.

I was looking at my signal strength, and it seems that only one channel is having issues
and it's signal strength is border line for the HD-3000 and the HD-5500.  I've gotten the
PMT issue now on both cards now, so it's not just the HD-5500 like I originally thought.
I'm thinking that channel 4-1 on frequency 35 for KCNC-DT CBS in Denver, Colorado may have
lowered their signal output, as it's the lowest power for all my local stations now.  I'm
going to mess with my cable run from my OTA antenna and see if I can shorten it to
increase signal strength, otherwise, it's time for a AMP.

	Chris