[mythtv-users] Charter HD questions

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 03:34:20 UTC 2007

The HD feed from Charter cable is delayed about a minute.  If I record a SD
program via the guide I end up with the correct start and end, but with HD
the ending is cut off.  Is there a way to make each recording work correctly
without having to manually adjust the start and end time each time?

What channels should I expect to receive via the HD3000 card.  I currently
get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, and TBS.  Plus what looks like 5 VOD channels.
I scanned with the following:
Frequency Table: Cable High
ATSC Modulation: Cable (QAM-256)
Channel Separator: (51) None
Existing Channel Treatment: Minimal Updates

Since that found the 6 HD channels I expected at a minimum.  I was never
really sure if the information I listed above was correct.  Is this captured
by local cable company anywhere?  Would this make sense to place in the
wiki?

I was hoping I would be able to get channels that required a digital
receiver to received, but were SD.  BBC America. Nick 2, Bio, Fit TV, DIY,
etc.  It looks like it is not possible via the HD3000 card, but what about
via the cable box and the firewire output?  Can I capture everything I pay
for that way?  ie Can I capture HBO this way?

Thanks for the information