[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 02:06:41 UTC 2007

On 01/02/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> I open up mythfrontend, and go to TV->Schedule Recordings->Program Guide.
>
> Then I navigate through the display of shows, and select one by pressing
> "OK" on my remote.
>
> I'm taken to a screen which has the title of the show at the top, and a
> list of options, and the very top option says "Do not record this
> programme", with arrows to the left and right of it.
>
> By clicking the right arrow on my remote, the top option changes to
> "Record only this showing".
>
> I use the down arrow on my remote to go to "[ Save these settings ]",
> and I'm taken back to the Program Guide.
>
> However, the show I just selected to record is still highlighted, and at
> the top right of the screen it says "Not Recording".
>
> If I hit "Ok" on my remote again for the same show, I see that in the
> list of options, the top option has returned to saying "Do not record
> this programme".
>
> My choice to record the show has not been put into effect.
>
> Did I miss something? Is there some other option I need to select or
> configuration I need to set in order to actually record a show?

Are you able to schedule recordings via MythWeb successfully? Can you
watch LiveTV?

Failure to successfully set up recordings could indicate a few possibilities:

i) Your database has some corruption preventing recordings being
scheduled -> run the mythdb optimisation script
ii) There is a problem with the configuration of your inputs -> in
mythtv-setup delete your inputs, capture cards and video sources and
start over
iii) There is a configuration problem in MythTV -> could be mismatched
IP addresses for the backend in your frontend setup
iv) Another problem that your backend logs will probably reveal with a
suitable level of verbosity

Searching for your exact subject line at the Gossamer mailing list
archive yielded these answers. Please make use of the archive. If you
have already tried all of these suggestions, output from your logfile
at the time of scheduling a recording will be most useful in debugging
what's going wrong.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: