[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 1 02:13:12 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I open up mythfrontend, and go to TV->Schedule Recordings->Program Guide.

Then I navigate through the display of shows, and select one by pressing
"OK" on my remote.

I'm taken to a screen which has the title of the show at the top, and a
list of options, and the very top option says "Do not record this
programme", with arrows to the left and right of it.

By clicking the right arrow on my remote, the top option changes to
"Record only this showing".

I use the down arrow on my remote to go to "[ Save these settings ]",
and I'm taken back to the Program Guide.

However, the show I just selected to record is still highlighted, and at
the top right of the screen it says "Not Recording".

If I hit "Ok" on my remote again for the same show, I see that in the
list of options, the top option has returned to saying "Do not record
this programme".

My choice to record the show has not been put into effect.

Did I miss something? Is there some other option I need to select or
configuration I need to set in order to actually record a show?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft