[mythtv-users] Everything looks fine until I try to play something

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:27:05 UTC 2007

On 01/02/07, mythmail at gmail.com <mythmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I built a mythtv system using an ASUS Pundit R350 using Fedora
> Core 4, and everything seemed to work well except for a few sound
> issues.  However, after ATrpms stopped carrying FC4 packages, I
> decided to switch over to ubuntu (since I use it on my desktop).  I
> followed the guide at  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV for
> installing a combined frontend/backend.  Everything seemed to be
> working fine, except that when I try to view a video file or DVD the
> resolution gets messed up and half the picture is off the screen.  I
> have no idea what is going on.  I initially thought that it might be
> the new xorg.conf, but I replaced it with the one from the origional
> setup and it had the same problem.

Could well be a video driver issue. What card and driver version are
you using? If using closed source drivers, have you tried using their
open source counterparts (radeon for ATI, nv for nVidia, if card is
supported) to see whether the issue persists?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/