[mythtv-users] Everything looks fine until I try to play something

mythmail at gmail.com mythmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:20:25 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I built a mythtv system using an ASUS Pundit R350 using Fedora
Core 4, and everything seemed to work well except for a few sound
issues.  However, after ATrpms stopped carrying FC4 packages, I
decided to switch over to ubuntu (since I use it on my desktop).  I
followed the guide at  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV for
installing a combined frontend/backend.  Everything seemed to be
working fine, except that when I try to view a video file or DVD the
resolution gets messed up and half the picture is off the screen.  I
have no idea what is going on.  I initially thought that it might be
the new xorg.conf, but I replaced it with the one from the origional
setup and it had the same problem.
    Any suggestions?  Should I just install a newer version of Fedora?
 I liked the idea of only installing the stuff needed to run mythtv
and not a whole desktop system.
  Thanjs