[mythtv-users] "VideoOutputXv Error: Child <x> was already marked as available" error [was: via epia XvMC at 100% blocking lirc]

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Mon Dec 31 09:40:50 UTC 2007

> Hi all,
>
> After running 0.19 on my via eipa for a couple of years, I decided to update
> to ubuntu with the mythbuntu package (7.10, mythtv 0.20-fixes).
> Everything is running rather well, except for two problems:
>
> 1. I am using viaXvMC (as before) but the CPU is up-to 100% on SD recordings.
>    On the same recording, xine is doing 35% with xvmc. This leads me to
>    conclude that xvmc itself is setup correctly.
>
>    In the log file I get a lot of messages like:
>       VideoOutputXv Error: Child      <x>     was already marked as available.
>    I've googled for this message and more people have reported the problem,
>    but I was not able to find any cause or solution.

I recompiled the latest release-0-20-fixes taking only xvmc and xvmc-vld,
linking directly against viaXvMC to see if that might help.
No luck, however, I am still getting the

  VideoOutputXv Error: Child      <x>     was already marked as available.

messages. Does anybody happen to know what these mean?

Thanks,

Ronald.