[mythtv-users] Cannot get listings for ATSC card

Chris K ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 26 01:46:38 UTC 2007

I have been running MythDora 4.0 (with updates) for a while now, and
various versions of MythTV over Fedora following Jarrod Wilson's guide
before that.  I've never hit a snag, but this one has me stumped.

I have 2 capture cards, a Hauppauge 150 and a DViCO Fustion HDTV5 Lite.
I've been using the 150 for years now, and just got the DViCO installed
today.

I went to SD and set up a new lineup for the digital channels on my
cable system
I went into mythtvsetup and set the new lineup as a Video Source.
I then tried to set up the new Video Source as a source for the ATSC
input on the DViCO, I got nothing from pulling the channels from the
video source.
Re-running mythtvsetup from the command line (so I could watch the
messages go by) it indicated that I needed to Scan for Channels first.
So, I scanned for channels, then tried to get the channels form the
video source again, and it skipped over all the channels I had just scanned.
When I ran mythfilldatabase to get the program listing for the new
channels, it again skipped over them.

Can someone give me a clue as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Chris K.