[mythtv-users] MythTV - help please!

sa_cooke at iprimus.com.au sa_cooke at iprimus.com.au
Tue Dec 25 21:58:58 UTC 2007

Sorry Brad, I don't know that I made myself clear. I do not need help with
IP addresses in general. I am a professional computer programmer with over
10 years experience in a number of languages on a variety of platforms, and
my experience includes design, build, and maintenance of distributed systems.
I understand IP addresses. My question was specific to MythTV.

I appreciate people giving up their time to help others (me in this case!)
- that is why this online community, and others like it, are so successful.
However, I was a little taken aback by your comments. On further reading
of the MythTV documentation I now understand that one can distribute the
frontend and backend servers - I simply had no need to do that (as you rightly
guessed) so had skipped that part in the past.

Steve.