[mythtv-users] SPDIF Brackets building them for sale

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Dec 20 14:55:03 UTC 2007

On 12/19/2007 11:08 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> I want a SPDIF bracket for my frontend but i refuse to pay $20 some
> dollars for a simple port and cable.  I was looking through my works
> order catalog and through our supplier I can order the parts for a lot
> less.  The catch is i have to order the parts in 10 packs.
If you can get by with using spdif coax (as opposed to optical) you can
use the following circuit to take the SPDIF header to an RCA jack:

 ttlout ---- 100uF ----330ohm ----+--- RCA center

                                 100ohm

There are more sophisticated circuits out there, but this has worked well for me on a couple of different motherboards (including ASUS M2NPV-VM, Biostar TF7050-M2, and Commell LV-667T).

HTH,
David