[mythtv-users] svn source code download

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Dec 17 18:12:50 UTC 2007

Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> smo Tanskanen wrote:
>>  Stupid question, but where can I download older myth svn source codes?
>>
>>  I have svn14921 in my four frontends, and I like to update backend to
>>  same version.
>>
>>  I don't want latest svn, because it is difficult to upgrade my frontends.
>>
>>  Is there a place where I can download older versions?
>

> Use the -r switch with SVN checkout (co)
>
> svn checkout --revision 14921 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
> svn checkout --revision 14921 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/myththemes
> svn checkout --revision 14921 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
>
> of the short version: svn co -r 14921 etc.
>
> If you need/want to do this often, you might want to use the scripts
> which are found near the botton of the wiki page at
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
>
> under the title ' Automating the Entire Process: Download, Compile and
> Install'.

To avoid the same problem happening again, once you have checked out your
selected svn for myth, themes, and plugins, but *before* you do anything else,
consider tarballing the whole set of files up. That way, you can copy the
tarball to each machine and use that to install your systems. That saves
downloading the same svn several times, and ensures you have absolutely the same
set of software on all devices. It also gives you an archive [if,when] anything
goes wrong!

Mike Perkins