[mythtv-users] LIRC causing lag in MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 16 18:21:53 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Sebastian Buks wrote:

> I have a small issue with lirc causing lag within mythtv. Maybe this
> is a pure lirc issue and I'm a bit off-topic but chances are somebody
> here experienced the same thing.
>
> The machine wich runs Mythbuntu 7.10 with 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP
> kernel. And all is fine. But whenever I press a key on any remote
> (tried both MCE and iMON remote) it causes MythTV to lag. Its is very
> notacible when viewing TV or listening to any audio as it will make
> the audio to hop.
>
> Any clues on how to fix this pretty disturbing issue?
>
> Regards Sebastian

You're have a problem with your ir receiver and capture card, but you
haven't told us which ir receiver or capture card you have, so it's
kind of hard to give advice. However, I've heard of this happening
when the capture card and ir receiver are sharing the same IRQ. Check
that out and try putting the capture card in another slot on the
motherboard to see if it helps.

-Brad