[mythtv-users] Myth frontend problems, part deux

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Dec 13 08:00:58 UTC 2007

Hi all -

I posted a few days ago about problems I've had with my remote frontend (I
get picture, but no sound) on Mandriva x86_64.  Never did get a response.

Curiouser and curiouser:

On the same machine, I also have Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64.  Mythfrontend is
also installed there.  Now...on THIS distro, I have SOUND, but no

Here's a pic of the recordings menu.  Note that the thumbnail video works

The following is what I get when I try to watch a recording:

Here is the setup screen for playback of recordings:

Now...both are running two nvidia 7600 GTs in SLI mode, and both are using
Compiz-Fusion.  Admittedly, the xorg.conf file isn't optimized in Ubuntu,
because I get crap FPS readings with glxgears, and screensavers are quite
choppy...so I need to optimize it (any pointers for optimizing xorg.conf
for SLI mode/Compiz-fusion would definitely be appreciated).  However,
Xine plays .avi files fine without any problems under it, so I don't see
why Mythfrontend shouldn't be able to play videos.

Anyone else seen anything like this...and have a fix?