[mythtv-users] might already know answer, hdmi audio support

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Wed Dec 12 22:16:12 UTC 2007

Thursday, December 13, 2007, 12:59:03 AM, Joel Michael wrote:

> I have a Gigabyte-branded NVidia 7600 with a HDMI port.  This particular
> card has a loop-through connector that goes from the video card to the
> SPDIF header on the motherboard, and connects that to the HDMI audio
> pins.  I haven't tried it myself (I use a co-ax SPDIF connection to my
> receiver), but one of the people I work with has the exact same card and
> it works for him.

I may sound strange, but does it work for him in Linux?
I have an NVidia 8600GT and audio through HDMI does not work for me. I
searched the forums and saw it was mentioned a couple of times that
NVidia driver has currently no support for sound over HDMI in Linux.

Although it might be different for ATI cards.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew