[mythtv-users] might already know answer, hdmi audio support

Joel Michael joel at gimps-r-us.com
Wed Dec 12 21:59:03 UTC 2007

Geoffrey Lane wrote:
> I cannot find alot of info about hdmi audio support on linux in general.
> Which prob simply means not supported (at this time). But can someone
> confirm audio out for hdmi connection is not working in linux? How about
> the Ati HD 2000 3800 series linux drivers?

I have a Gigabyte-branded NVidia 7600 with a HDMI port.  This particular
card has a loop-through connector that goes from the video card to the
SPDIF header on the motherboard, and connects that to the HDMI audio
pins.  I haven't tried it myself (I use a co-ax SPDIF connection to my
receiver), but one of the people I work with has the exact same card and
it works for him.