[mythtv-users] OT: New Motherboard PCI Slots

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:19:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 11:55 AM, Jeppe N. Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007, Gert van der Knokke wrote:
>
> >  PK wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >   I am looking to rebuild one of my MythTV boxes with a newer
> > >   mainstream AMD based system (AM2). As I look at the ATX
> > >   motherboards on Newegg's site (and TigerDirect), the number of
> > >   PCI slots seem to default to 2-3 slots. There are a few 4 slot
> > >   boards and no 5 slot-ers. I realise PCI-e slots need their room,
> > >   but I like to space out my Hauppauge PVR-xxx tuners for air
> > >   circulation. Am I looking in the wrong places, or should I be
> > >   looking for something else?
> > >

> >  I have built my new backend on a Foxconn/Winfast board:
> >  N5M2AA-KRS2H
> >
> >  It has (only) 4 PCI slots and built in Gigabit ethernet but no
> >  onboard video (I used an Nvidia 6200 passive cooled PCIe
> >  card). (Most boards with 5 PCI slots tend to have only 100 Mbit
> >  onboard networking.
> >
> >  It runs OK even though the new CPU isn't exactly correct recognized
> >  in the Bios (low power BE2350 CPU)
> >
> >  Three PCI slots are filled with resp. 2 PVR500 and 1 Nova-S card.
>
> I've just ordered a Gigabyte GA M61P-S3 which has 4 PCI slots, Gig-E
> and integrated video....
>
> /Jeppe

I just built up my new master backend with this motherboard.  Everything
works great, other that I can't get SD audio to work at 32000.  Recordings
and live tv work fine on my frontend box, just on the backend they don't.
My tuners are all hybrids and the SD portion is limited to 32000 for the
audio.  Not a huge deal.

Firewire worked out of the box as well (I use mythdora).