[mythtv-users] Assistance with video card problem (Please point me in the right direction)

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Dec 10 01:56:30 UTC 2007

I know this is not a forum to answer these types of questions but if you
could point me in the correct direction I would greatly appreciate it.

I just purchased a MachSpeed VSNV-939 mother board with an athlon socket
939 x2 64 bit cpu.  My plan was to make this my master back end that
will also serve up video to the main TV in the house.  The problem I am
running into is that the PCIE geforce 8500GT video card is not liking
the nvidia drivers.  I am able to get the system up and running on
Fedora 8 2.6.23.8-63.fc8 build and everything works fine until I install
the nvidia drivers.

I have tried to use the shell script from nvidia and the modle from
livna but no matter what I try the computer locks up when it is time to
engage the nvidia driver.

believed to be clean.