[mythtv-users] Problems with audio/video with HD content

MythTV mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Dec 9 19:55:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have been running mythtv since about 2004 quite happily but I am now
struggling with digital video content.

The problem I am having is with different HD content from my HDHomerun.
  For example, I have some HD channels that appear to be progressive
scan @60 frames that play beautifully with no stuttering.  Others though
that appear to be SD content, stutter terribly.  In the playback logs I
see messages like:

                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.
2007-12-09 12:32:58.926 NVP: Video is 4.31844 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.

Here is the full log: http://www.blandford.net/mythtv/playback.log

In the logs, you can see depending on the channel, some times it is 4-5
frames and other times is is 30 frames per second.

I currently have a backend with a pvr-500 and a HDHomerun.

I also have multiple frontends, each with nvidia 6150 or 6200 cards.
The displays are using the nvidia selection of 1280x720_60 connected via
DVI to a TV or flat screen monitor.  I am running the nvidia 110.14.11
driver since anything newer causes problems.

I am running trunk 14921 with the cpu++ profile, but I have had this
problem since I purchased the HDHomerun.  Initially I was running .20
with bob deinterlace.

I am guessing there is just a setting that I need to configure, but I
really just don't understand what needs to be done.

I am looking for some guidance on how to tackle this problem.

Thanks,

Michael