[mythtv-users] Channel scanner can't find all channels

Rob Dewhirst dewey at ku.edu
Sat Dec 8 20:20:39 UTC 2007

I've got an AverMedia180 picking running in Myth 0.20, connected to my
unencrypted digital cable.

The Myth channel scanner picks up all but a couple of channels, but
the ATSC tuner in my TV will pick up those two channels just fine
connected to the same source.  I've tried all the Frequency Table
options in the channel scanner (at least all the Cable frequencies)
with both QAM 64 and 256 modulation -- I know that's what my cable
provider uses.

Any ideas?  The channels are in the 105-x range, and the scanner finds
channels adjacent to these just fine.

I'd be happy to post more detailed config info -- I just don't know
what's relevant.