[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 8 00:13:40 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Lots of them in Ontario have the units posted and there are a number of
> large signs posted just where a visitor leaves customs on the Canadian
> side of  the border which disclose this and list the equivalent speeds
> in both units. I have seen these signs at Lewiston/Niagara-on-the-Lake,
> Buffallo/Fort Erie, Detroit/Windsor (in the tunnel) and Port
> Huron/Sarnia, over the course of the last 20 years. This ain't new....

Plus, I haven't seen a vehicle sold in the US for decades that didn't
have KPH as well as MPH marked on the speedometer.

Also, most people would probably figure out that if they seem to be
going 40% faster than anyone else on the road there might be some sort
of misinterpretation happening.

Then there was the famous case in the UK about a dyslexic driver who
interpreted "25" as "52". Apparently he had a good enough case (or a
good enough solicitor) to get the speeding fine dropped.

beww

beww