[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 7 23:57:20 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 03:20:58PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> That's why the speed limit signs ALWAYS accurately specify the unit of
>> measurement. So should anything with an expected capacity.
>
> In fact, they do *not* in the US.
>
> 	http://images.google.com/images?q=speed+limit+sign
>
> But it's ok, cause failing in *that* direction merely causes you to be a
> slowpoke.
>
> In fact, though, looking at those signs, the KM/H ones aren't labeled with the
> units, either, Brad.  You have examples?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
Lots of them in Ontario have the units posted and there are a number of
large signs posted just where a visitor leaves customs on the Canadian
side of  the border which disclose this and list the equivalent speeds
in both units. I have seen these signs at Lewiston/Niagara-on-the-Lake,
Buffallo/Fort Erie, Detroit/Windsor (in the tunnel) and Port
Huron/Sarnia, over the course of the last 20 years. This ain't new....

Geoff