[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Dec 5 15:59:15 UTC 2007

The env variable HISTSIZE sets the size of the buffer which keeps your
command history.

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the console display buffer?
Is this an env variable?

I want to increase the size of whatever it is that keeps console screen
output so I can scroll back "further in time" in the output.

I have just been fighting with mythfilldatabase not creating temporary
tables. Turned out to be a permissions problem, which I very luckily
only got to see by *anticipating* when to hit Control-C, to stop output
to the console before what I needed to see had scrolled off. I never did
get it at the correct time in order to see output from the first line...

This is Fedora but probably the same in all Linux distros...

Anyone?

Geoff