[mythtv-users] recording continues after 'deletion' of recording

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun Dec 2 23:39:35 UTC 2007

Hello,

This is with mythtv svn #15013, but I've noticed this for several weeks
now.

Along with the new 'Auto expire instead of delete' feature has come an
interesting problem.  When I have a 'soft' rule that records extra time
after the 'natural' end of the recording *and* if I 'delete' this
recording during this extra recording time then the recording will be
moved to the special 'deleted' group and the recording will *continue*.
This causes problems b/c this also means that autoexpire will continue
to delete old recordings.  Now, if I happen to delete a recording that
has one of these 'soft' rules, but I delete it during its 'natural' time
then the recording will stop and it will be moved to the 'deleted'
group.  I'd like to have the recording stop whenever I delete it.  Is
there any way to do this?  It seems wrong that a deleted recording
should continue to be actively recording regardless of whether it has
actually been physically deleted or not.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.