[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 Serial Interface

Blaine Nelson blaine.m.nelson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:19:00 UTC 2007

Success!

Hi everyone.  Turns out the problem was my receiver, and it turns out that
my assumption that I couldn't use my second receiver (for which I had no
access card) for debugging purposes was incorrect.  That is, there is no
problem with downloading the software upgrade to a D10-300 with an invalid
access card.  You can't see any images, but you can test out the
directv.plperl script: get_channel, get_datetime, etc.

Bottom line: the channel change script works on one of my D10-300 receivers
but not the other.  I'm not sure of any way to debug the broken receiver.
The software version on both is now the same: 0x1043.

I think I'm just going to buy another D10-300 and PVR-150 card!  I'm
ordering a new access card for the working receiver right now.  That's $20
wasted on the broken receiver, but at least now there isn't any risk.  I
know it works!  I just love changing the channels from the command line!!!

As a side note, I got my working receiver to work BEFORE downloading the
most recent software.  It already had on it version 0x100A which posed no
problem to the perl script.

Thanks for all the help!