[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 Serial Interface

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:02:21 UTC 2007

On Aug 26, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Blaine Nelson wrote:

> I believe the default in the perl script is 9600 baud.  I've never
> done anything in perl, but here's the line I think does that:
>
> $baudrate = "9600";
>
> Just to be sure, I ran directv.pl from the command line using the
> baudrate parameter set to 9600 (I also tried 115200 and 57600).
> Again, I tried for both ttyS0 and ttyS1 and for both serial outs on
> the machine.

Try changing the port and baudrate in the script rather than
modifying them from the command line.. I have a D11, and it worked
great until I reset it and it pulled down a firmware update, and then
the baudrate was wrong, I switched it from 115200 to 9600 and it
solved my problems, but it didn't work from the command line, only
when I changed it in the script.

~Jon