[mythtv-users] Resetting Channels

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:42:14 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I followed the instructions from the link that you
posted  below, but it didn't resolve the problem.  The Program listings show
all of the  channel information correctly, but it still shows all of the
channels as being one channel off in Upcoming Recordings, Recorded Programs,
and Recording Schedule.  Here's a recap of what I did:

stop backend
mythtv-setup -> video sources
delete all video sources
create new video source (I made it a different name)
enter information for schedule direct account
finish
assign new video source to the two tuners
Click "Retrieve channel info from sources"
finish

I know that the channel editor will let me change the channel Name and
callsign for each channel, but I would prefer to find an easier way to
complete that task  rather than manually modifying all 70+ channels.  I get
shivers down the back just thinking about it :)

-Rob

On 8/30/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/30/2007 02:22 PM, Rob Dege wrote:
> > For quite some time now, my channel ID information has been generic
> > listings, where Channel 2's channel name and callsign would report as
> > "Channel 2" instead of "NBC".
>
> Channel name and channel number and channel description can all be
> edited directly by the user in the channel editor.  These are
> user-editable user data that don't really affect Myth's internal workings.
>

> > With the migration to Schedules Direct, I decided to delete all of my
> > channels (via channel editor), and have mythfilldatabase grab the new
> > channel data.  This worked .... almost.
> >
> > My channels now show detailed information in the Channel Name and
> > callsign as expected.  However, my channel are not longer bound
> > correctly.  I have included two photos to illustrate the problem that
> > I'm having.  In the photo (myth_before.jpg), Psych used to be listed
> > on Channel 36, but now it's listed on Channel 35 (myth_after.jpg).
> > This occurs in Recorded Programs, Schedule Recordings, and Upcoming
> > Recordings.
> >
> > What can I do to rectify this problem?
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (but
> don't delete the capture cards, just the video sources).  Make sure you
> use the "Delete all video sources" button--any other approach will not
> fix your DB.
>
> Mike

-Rob

Ben Franklin Quote: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."