[mythtv-users] Resetting Channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 30 18:47:40 UTC 2007

On 08/30/2007 02:22 PM, Rob Dege wrote:
> For quite some time now, my channel ID information has been generic
> listings, where Channel 2's channel name and callsign would report as
> "Channel 2" instead of "NBC".

Channel name and channel number and channel description can all be
edited directly by the user in the channel editor.  These are
user-editable user data that don't really affect Myth's internal workings.

> With the migration to Schedules Direct, I decided to delete all of my
> channels (via channel editor), and have mythfilldatabase grab the new
> channel data.  This worked .... almost.
>
> My channels now show detailed information in the Channel Name and
> callsign as expected.  However, my channel are not longer bound
> correctly.  I have included two photos to illustrate the problem that
> I'm having.  In the photo (myth_before.jpg), Psych used to be listed
> on Channel 36, but now it's listed on Channel 35 (myth_after.jpg).
> This occurs in Recorded Programs, Schedule Recordings, and Upcoming
> Recordings.
>
> What can I do to rectify this problem?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (but
don't delete the capture cards, just the video sources).  Make sure you
use the "Delete all video sources" button--any other approach will not
fix your DB.

Mike