[mythtv-users] Frontend stops responding when trying to import a CD...

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Thu Aug 30 17:50:10 UTC 2007

Hi!

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/30/2007 12:27 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>>Each time I try to import a CD (and I tried more than one) the frontend locks up
>>sometimes before extracting anything, sometimes in the middle of the extracting job
>>and sometimes almost at the end. I've tried it with different quality settings and it
>>doesn't make any difference. Depending on where it locks up I sometimes end up with
>>entries in the mythconverg database sometimes not...
>>
>>I've tried running cdparanoia (which I believe is used to import a cd) manually (I
>>did a "cdparanoia  -B") and it was able to extract the entire CD without problem.
>>

> Disc with some copy protection mechanism?  Myth can't import those.

I doubt they have any type of special copy protection and if cdparanoia can extract
them shouldn't Myth be able too (isn't cdparanoia used to do the actual extraction?).
They probably have the flag that says they shouldn't be copied (or something like
that) but that has been there for years and no program take it into accound AFAIK...

>>Where should I look to try to track down this problem?
>>
>>The version of MythTV I'm using is a checkout of SVN I made yesterday (could I safely
>>downgrade to 0.20.2 to test if I have the problem with that version too?)...
>>

> If it's a checkout of SVN's 0.20-fixes branch, probably.  If it's a
> checkout of SVN trunk, then no.

I didn't put any sort of version tag or anything so its trunk I believe (I'm not yet
fully familiar with SVN though I did play with CVS and clearcase in the past). I did
want to get trunk and trunk it appears to be.

So I guess if I wanted to test by doing a downgrade I would have to backup the
database, delete it, re-compile and re-build 0.20.2 and re-build the database?

Is there anything else I could try before resorting to that?

Thank you!

Nick