[mythtv-users] AirStar HD-5000 with 2.6.20+ kernels

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:21:30 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Preston Crow <pc-mythtv07a at crowcastle.net> wrote:
> I have an AirStar HD-5000, and I'm having some trouble with newer
> kernels.
>
> I've read the wiki page (and updated the "User Experiences" section).
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_AirStar_HD-5000
>
> It works great with 2.6.19.7, but I would like to upgrade due to issues
> with unrelated features.  Unfortunately, it fails to tune with any newer
> kernel.  I've tried several kernels from 2.6.20 through 2.6.22.1, all
> with no luck.
>
> There is a reference to changes with 2.6.20 reporting more accurate
> signal information; could this be related?
>
> Is there some kernel configuration setting that I might have wrong?  Is
> there some Myth setting that could be related to this problem?
>
> I'm running the subversion level 14073 from late July, if that matters.

I'm also having a problem with my HD-5000 on a 2.6.20 kernel in Ubuntu
7.04.  I can see it in lspci as a network controller I believe, and I
load the modules without error, but /dev/dvb/ is never created.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to investigate this problem due to a
recent misshap involving an overflowing fish tank which was apparently
placed too close to a shuttle frontend .....

I'm wondering if /dev/dvb/ is still on your system, but left over from
the 2.6.19 kernel....

-Bill