[mythtv-users] AirStar HD-5000 with 2.6.20+ kernels

Preston Crow pc-mythtv07a at crowcastle.net
Wed Aug 29 19:56:53 UTC 2007

I have an AirStar HD-5000, and I'm having some trouble with newer
kernels.

I've read the wiki page (and updated the "User Experiences" section).
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_AirStar_HD-5000

It works great with 2.6.19.7, but I would like to upgrade due to issues
with unrelated features.  Unfortunately, it fails to tune with any newer
kernel.  I've tried several kernels from 2.6.20 through 2.6.22.1, all
with no luck.

There is a reference to changes with 2.6.20 reporting more accurate
signal information; could this be related?

Is there some kernel configuration setting that I might have wrong?  Is
there some Myth setting that could be related to this problem?

I'm running the subversion level 14073 from late July, if that matters.