[mythtv-users] Dead motherboard

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Aug 29 15:34:52 UTC 2007

Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> Hi,
> Can't see the start of this thread, but, if your system had the swap on
> sda<n>, then it is most likely that you are using a SATA disk (or SCSI,
> but if you were using SCSI you would know about it). This means that
> basically you have probably not loaded the correct driver for your new
> SATA controller in your initrd.

That's probably correct, but be aware that some newer Linux systems are
using /dev/sd(n) for the parallel IDE drives as well as the SATA or SCSI
ones.

Since the OP didn't give any system details I con't know if this is hos
situation or not.

I certainly agree that anyone using SCSI would know it :-)

BEWW