[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct subscriptions

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Aug 27 22:39:04 UTC 2007

Ramon Redondo wrote:
> On 8/25/07, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
>> 1) Go to SD and create lineups from the identical provider with
>> the identical set of channels as your existing labs account.
>> [Hint: if you see channels you would like to add or delete, keep
>> them the same for now and fix those problems after converting].
>
> What if we have channels that we are already 'unselecting' in our
> Zap2It lineup?  For instance, I have HBO disabled in my Zap2It lineup,
> through the labs.zap2it.com interface.  Would I want to enable HBO in
> the SD listing, or disable it so that it matches?

Fair question and the kind of thing I was referring to. But first:

Patient: Doctor, will I be able to play violin after the surgery?
Doctor: I don't see why not.
Patient: That's odd, I've never been able to play the violin before.

So if you've been paying for HBO you should have had it checked.
Checking it for SD will not get you free HBO ;-).

You certainly could check and uncheck different channels while
going through the SD form. I saw things I'd like to change and
suspect many people would too. However, my suggesting is that
you would be wise to avoid any extra ambiguity while converting.
If you don't add any channels or remove any channels then when
you run mfdb, it shouldn't added new entries to your channel
table or leave the listing blank for existing channels. Once
this works correctly, have a beer.

Once you know that you are at status quo and are reassured that
you will continue to get listings tomorrow just as you did
yesterday then adding HBO is just a click away.

If you added and deleted several channels the first time around
it may be confusing to remember which things you still need to
delete from the Channel Editor, which are new and you wanted to
modify the callsigns or change the picture setting. Therefore,
first get it working then make your modifications as a separate
step.

--  bjm