[mythtv-users] Making mythtbackend.log files useable

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:23:21 UTC 2007

The 'QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket'  messages are not normal
> and almost certainly something to do with the crashes.

 Any idea what hardware/process/plugin these messages are associated with?
I've searched this list for that message before, only to come up with
numerous unanswered cries for help with it.

Some of my favorite quotes about this error message from this list:
-"I've written about this problem before, but still cannot seem to get a
response."
-" I am still having this seemingly unsolvable issue. Can anyone help? "
-"Let me know what you figure out, because it sounds like the same problem I

have."
-"I have this identical problem...But i don't know cause..."

The libavformat message are a pain. There is a patch on ticket
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2460 will allow these messages to be
> filtered out like and other VERBOSE messages. I'm sure Janne would like
> it if you could test the patch and provide some feed back :-)
>
> I'm assuming patching these files and testing would require re-compiling
mythtv and the plugins from source.  Since I haven't yet tried that, I would
probably end up with much bigger and nastier problems than I currently
face...