[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl fails

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Aug 24 23:48:35 UTC 2007

> Hi:
>
> I've spent quite a bit of time over the last few days trying to build
> an 0.20-fixes on my Mac.  The error I'm getting now has me stumped.
> I'm using the trunk version* of osx-packager.pl.  I did a
> "-distclean" before starting and then:
>
> mini-Dude:~/mythtv craigtreleaven$ ./osx-packager.pl -svnbranch
> release-0-20-fixes -enable-backend -verbose
>
> [several hundred lines deleted...]
>
> [osx-pkg] Building self-contained MythFrontend
> [osx-pkg] rm -fr /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend.app
> [osx-pkg] cp
> /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/pro
> grams/mythfrontend/mythfrontend
> /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend
> cp:
> /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/pro
> grams/mythfrontend/mythfrontend:
> No such file or directory
> [osx-pkg] Failed system call: " cp
> /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/pro
> grams/mythfrontend/mythfrontend
> /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend " with error code 1
> Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 976.
>
> Shouldn't the source of the cp be mythfrontend.app instead of
> mythfrontend?  Perl is incomprehensible to me so I have no idea if
> I've done something wrong or there is a bug.
>
> Craig
>
> * At first, I was using the 0.20-fixes version of osx-packager.pl
> only to determine that it is lacking numerous patches that have been
> applied to the trunk version.

I've successfully rebuilt my svn trunk OS X frontend a couple of times this
week, with something like (not at the Mac right now...)
./osx-packager.pl -svnrev 14265 -verbose -pluginskip

Are you sure that your error above is the first error that the script
throws? The -enablebackend option particularly catches my eye, I thought
that mythbackend on OS X was known not to be working so well (I could be
quite wrong).

Maybe try it without the verbose, without the backend, disabling plugins?