[mythtv-users] Script to use Schedules Direct with legacy MythTV installations

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:54:41 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Marc Aronson <marc.aronson at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for creating this script -- I may use it on  0.19 implementation! I
> do have a question: I notice that you are dropping the final 2 digits from
> the series id, program id, etc., if they end in "00".  Based on other
> threads I am reading, it looks like they added 2 digits to the end of both
> of these fields, but based on your script, it looks like for the time
> being
> these extra digits are always "00". My conclusion is that this approach
> will
> work until they start actually using those extra digits for something
> meaningful. Is that your understanding or is there a reason to believe
> those
> extra digits will never actually be used? Thanks!

I'm not assuming they'll never be used, just that they won't be in the
couple of weeks it'll take me to cut over to a new MythTV version
:-)  Perhaps a good modification would be to flag if the new digits aren't
00 and email a warning to check it out.

This was all about quick&dirty with the least touching of anything else
(though I got carried away a bit with the next suggested time wait code).

Josh