[mythtv-users] Sound issues

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 02:27:38 UTC 2007

I created an asound.conf file from the example at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound#How_do_I_do_this_in_Fedora_Core,  making sure that my device ID was changed for the digital portion (the IEC958) in the file, but things are still weird.  I can use aplay on a wav file from the command line, and I can run xine to play an mp3, but when I setup the settings in Myth according to the recommendations at that link, I still can't hear anything (the part talking about "Audio output device" about 3 paragraphs above the "Questions and Answers" heading).  I get nothing in both Analog and Digital.

In Myth, under Utilities/Setup->General in the Audio section, I have my "Audio output device" set to ALSA:multi and the "Passthrough output device" set to ALSA:digital, according to the writeup.  I also have "Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough" and "Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough" checked.  I hear nothing when I try to play a song out of MythMusic from a CD that I ripped down.  It's in ogg format if that matters.  That was the default format when it was ripped.

Let me know what other information you need.  I'm still frustrated, but now I know that at least my onboard audio works, but I'm still missing a big piece of the puzzle.

Thanks,
Harry

From: "Joe Ripley" <vitaminjoe at gmail.com>