[mythtv-users] Louder TV

Martin Turner xmode at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 23 00:28:43 UTC 2007

Hi MythList,

Does anyone know of a way to make the audio louder in myth? I have both
Myth and alsa (via alsamixer) set to 100% but the sound level is still
quite a but lower than that of the analog signal coming in to my TV. I'm
assuming its just the cap cards I have recording at a slightly lower
level, but I have no way of turning it up any more than it already is..
It kinda makes the myth volume controls useless on my system as turning
it to 75% makes it silent, and it wont get any louder than it already is
(unless I turn my TV all the way up, but then I pop my eardrums when I
turn the thing on because the volume on non-myth TV is so loud)..