[mythtv-users] DVD import: UTF-8 in names failing, feature or bug?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Wed Aug 22 07:39:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just imported some DVD to HDD, and noticed that the name became
incorrect while having some 'ä' character in the name. The name can be
corrected later via video settings, but I could make a bug report of
it if it's considered as a bug. I understood there is no way doing bug
report without a patch if it is a feature...

The file name ends up incorrectly with nonsence characters to disk
too, not only to database. It works though...

This happens at least while doing xvid.

 -it