[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:33:35 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/20/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be a bit dim, but I don't understand how this would work. Are
> > you saying that the click.sh script that someone posted can somehow
> > know which key had been pressed?
> >
> no idea about that, I assume that scrip has better integration into myth.
>
> > Or is it possible to put something in lircrc for each keypress that
> > would execute a shell script to play a sound? If so I didn't know you
> > could do that.
>
> You can use lirc to execute scripts or commands (or execute files)
> using irexec.  Just make sure the service is on and you appropriately
> call it from lircrc.  For example, from Jarod's site (I have a few
> irexec commands on my box, but I can't access the file from here):
> # Power Button
> begin
> prog = irexec
> button = OFF
> #button = POWER # (for my RS15-2116 remote)
> repeat = 4
> config = /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh
> end
>
> and you can make a script that basically just plays a sound file or
> perhaps even call aplay.  Just edit the config and button lines to
> what is appropriate.

If you add that to your .lircrc, wont it process the irexec bit and
ignore the prog = mythtv bit?  In other words, if you make it execute
click.sh via irexec for the "right" button, wont it ignore the "right"
listing found later in the .lircrc file (assuming you added the irexec
portion at the beginning of the file)?