[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 22:51:03 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be a bit dim, but I don't understand how this would work. Are
> you saying that the click.sh script that someone posted can somehow
> know which key had been pressed?

no idea about that, I assume that scrip has better integration into myth.

> Or is it possible to put something in lircrc for each keypress that
> would execute a shell script to play a sound? If so I didn't know you
> could do that.

You can use lirc to execute scripts or commands (or execute files)
using irexec.  Just make sure the service is on and you appropriately
call it from lircrc.  For example, from Jarod's site (I have a few
irexec commands on my box, but I can't access the file from here):
# Power Button
begin
prog = irexec
button = OFF
#button = POWER # (for my RS15-2116 remote)
repeat = 4
config = /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh
end

and you can make a script that basically just plays a sound file or
perhaps even call aplay.  Just edit the config and button lines to
what is appropriate.