[mythtv-users] Mythmusic crashes after scanning and inserting the first song

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:43:52 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> > Hi - I'm running current SVN and tried to scan my directory for new
> > music.  After an issue, I troubleshooted by emptying the records from
> > some of the various music tables.  Now, when I scan, it'll add the
> > first track it comes across, but mythfrontend crashes after that.  I
> > can't see anything in the log that indicates a problem.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Matt
> >
> You could try removing the 'MusicDBSchemaVer' setting from the settings
> table and removing all the music tables (they all start with 'music_').
> The next time MythMusic starts it will then recreate the music table for
> you in case you've somehow screwed them up.
>
> If you still have problems then you need to get a backtrace so we can
> see exactly where it crashes.
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2
>
> Paul H.

Paul,

Thanks for the advice, however it didn't really help.  I removed the
setting and the tables as you suggested, but the same symptoms after
the tables were recreated.  I've opened a ticket with the backtrace
and logs attached:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3855

Please let me know if you need me to provide any additional info.

Thanks!
Matt