[mythtv-users] Mythmusic crashes after scanning and inserting the first song

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Aug 18 09:41:43 UTC 2007

Matt wrote:
> Hi - I'm running current SVN and tried to scan my directory for new
> music.  After an issue, I troubleshooted by emptying the records from
> some of the various music tables.  Now, when I scan, it'll add the
> first track it comes across, but mythfrontend crashes after that.  I
> can't see anything in the log that indicates a problem.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

You could try removing the 'MusicDBSchemaVer' setting from the settings
table and removing all the music tables (they all start with 'music_').
The next time MythMusic starts it will then recreate the music table for
you in case you've somehow screwed them up.

If you still have problems then you need to get a backtrace so we can
see exactly where it crashes.

Paul H.