[mythtv-users] Micro ATX low profile case recommendations?

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:28:09 UTC 2007

Here's another vote for the NSK2400.  Got mine from ZipZoomFly for $91
and free shipping.  They've still got them from $100, but shipping's
still free (pretty good for a fairly big case).

If you go this route and you need a matching DVD player take a look at
the Sony NEC Optiarc Silver
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152077 .  It
goes perfectly with the color of the front panel on the case.

On 8/17/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/08/07, Victor Perez <spectro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I got fed up with the noise in my cheap nMedia 100 something besides it was
> > getting very hot so I went to Fry's and picked up an Antec NSK2400 for $100.
> > I'm very pleased with it. I highly recommend it.
>
> I was just going to post the same. I've just picked up 2 of these
> cases - 1 for family, one to keep - and hooked them up with a mobile
> C2D chip and Aopen mATX board. These cases are _very_ quiet, although
> not what I would call low profile. Airflow has clearly been well
> thought out. See a comprehensive review here:
>
> http://www.silentpcreview.com/article591-page1.html
>
> --
> Nick
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Mark Murray
http://gtee.homelinux.com:8000/gallery/