[mythtv-users] How to use SVN for most recent improvements

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Thu Aug 16 15:35:01 UTC 2007

> I didn't, because I use (as I put in my post):
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> ...which means the libraries go into /usr/lib rather than /usr/local/lib.
> But I
> take your point that that would have to be done if you use the default
> build
> locations.
>
> Mike Perkins

Mike,

You guys must hate idiots that don't follow the damn instructions eh?  ;^)

Seriously though, being very green I didn't really follow what you meant
by that and thus my grief.  What do you think is the best approach from
here on if there is a chance that I may need to compile another newer
version later on?  Should I just redo the build following your original
instructions or for now just change the ld.so.conf back to what it needed
to be to make my current build work?

BTW thank you for your patience.  It is VERY appreciated.

Scott