[mythtv-users] How to use SVN for most recent improvements

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:21:06 UTC 2007

On 15/08/07, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> I use Mandriva 2007 which has limited support I'm afaid.  I compiled my
> own versions of Myth from the source downloads on the main download page.
> I assume that using the svn is similar?

For an end-user, using subversion to get the latest source is no
different to downloading the official tarballs - it's merely the means
of getting the source on to your system. Once you have checked out the
code from the MythTV SVN server, you just need to repeat the steps you
have already used when compiling the 0.20 source (configure,make,make
install). They may be a few new dependencies to compile the latest
code - I'm sure the wiki has a listing of these. The build will bail
out anyway if there are missing deps :).

You'll also want to make a backup of your database before updating to
the current code, as this is essentially a one-way process as far as
the database is concerned.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: