[mythtv-users] Faster motions in recordings are flickering on the TV

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:58:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

When I watch a recording, the picture is flickering when the actors
are running or when a ticker is moving on the screen.

I would not call this flickering, but I can see that the picture is
not clear. Every faster moves on the screen cause this. When I watch
the recording in mplayer, the problem is not visible.

I think (not sure at the moment, because I am not at home) that the
same problem is visible when watching LiveTv. I have pvr150 and I am
using libmpeg2 for decoding without any filters

This problem does not occur when I watch my movies using mplayer.
Computer is connected with a TV through (4 meters long) S-Video cable
(PAL). TV resolution is 800x600.

I am not sure where to search for a solution and I would appreciate
any advice. I tried to play around with libmpeg2/ffmpeg/xvmc but I did
not come pretty far with that.

Thanks a lot.

M.