[mythtv-users] Cheap media case?

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:24:29 UTC 2007

On 8/4/07, Brian <listmail at miatar.org> wrote:

> I just saw an ATX desktop case on Newegg.com with an LCD display. It's
> made my Eagle Tech (I've never heard of them) and it's $139 with a $100
> rebate through 8/15. I bought to try out.
>
> See http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811117088

Did anyone end up getting one of these?  How is it in real life (fit&finish
with other stereo components, noise, ease of fitting components etc)?  I'm
thinking of getting one to replace an Antec Aria with a bad power supply;
the replacement PS is $70, and was thinking of a shorter-wider form factor
anyway.  The rebate looked to be good until this Monday the 14th.

FYI, the Aria power supply seems to die much faster if you stick a metal
screwdriver into the fan to stop it to hear how loud the rest of the system
is; don't ask me how I know that; I should have known better :-(

Josh