[mythtv-users] channel changing/tuning

Johan van der kolk johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Sat Aug 11 18:11:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

fairly new to linux, and have a little problem.

Have myth 0.20 running on FC 2.6.22.1-41.fc7.

FE and BE are on the same box.

Myth is not tuning my receivers (a PVR500 and a DVB-s Hauppauge Nexus).

I have gone through the setup, did the capture card -> input thing, set the
frequency table to Europe-west, and standard to PAL. Did a channel scan and
channels are found. Not using a xmltv source for the moment.

When I start myth (watch live TV) on the PVR 500 it gets stuck at a certain
frequency and I can not use the up and down to change channel.

It is not tuned to a proper channel.

When I switch to the DVB-s card the tuner can never get a lock, although I
can move through the mythtv channels. It only found channels from one
transponder though in the setup, but thats ok for now.

I can use mplayer /dev/video1 to show the PVR500, and I can use ivtv-tune to
change channels.

I can also use Kaffeine as my DVB display/tuner, all works fine.

If parts of any of the log files are necessary, let me know, i'll post them.

any help would be appreciated.

Johan