[mythtv-users] DRM Music on it's last legs - Another predictioncomes true ahead of schedule.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Aug 10 16:03:10 UTC 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:

>> From: Brian Wood
>>
>> I'm not sure how they are going to measure trhe piracy rates,
>>

> Yea, that was the part that bothers me.  There simply isn't any way
> they
> could measure the affect.

They're going to measure it in sales. If sales go up, less people are
pirating. I know that's not true, but they will pretend it is. After
all, increasing sales is the only thing that matters. "We had 500,000
customers last quarter and 600,000 this quarter. 100,000 less people
are pirating music." rather than saying, "We encouraged 100,000 more
people to buy our music because we actually put out a good record."